HAVILAND POTTERY AND DECORATIVE OBJECTS IDENTIFICATION
This HCIF pottery and decorative objects identification service is intended for individuals who want to know more about Haviland pottery and decorative objects acquired for personal use. It is NOT intended for online sellers seeking information to help them market their items. The decorative objects category consists of vases, lamps, statues, sculptures, etc.
This particular service is NOT intended for dishware, regardless of its decoration. Dishware has its own separate Pattern ID page.
These services are staffed by volunteers who will respond to inquiries in as timely a manner as possible. Sometimes inquiries are forwarded to members whose expertise in certain areas can provide more informed responses. This may delay a reply for a few days.
We will accept only three ID requests from a non-member email address every three months, and only one item per request.
Identification of Haviland pottery and decorative objects can be challenging. Some vintage Haviland pottery and decorative objects do not have “names” as such, as some were never named by the companies.
We will endeavor to identify pottery and decorative objects from these companies only:
- Haviland & Co. (H&Co.)
- Théodore Haviland
- Charles Field Haviland, including CFH and CFH-GDM
- Art Nouveau Bing
- Art Nouveau Paris
We do NOT identify Johann Haviland pottery or pieces by companies other than Haviland.
We do NOT do values.
Instructions for Submitting ID Request
- Send images of the piece that you want identified, paying special attention to unusual details.
- Send images of all important markings and/or signatures, including an image of the underside of the item that includes all marks. Include an image of anything that even remotely looks like initials.
- Each image size must be at least 100kb to allow for enlarging detail. Images smaller than 100kb make an ID difficult and may delay a response.
- Limit images to a combined 20mb, as larger emails may be filtered out by the gmail server.
To have your pottery and decorative objects identified, simply CLICK HERE and send us your digital images. Clicking the link should automatically open an email in your regular email program. Having a popup blocker installed may prevent this. Please type ID Request into the subject line of your email.
Please do not submit images of dishes, regardless of how pretty you think they are. This service is for pottery and decorative objects only.
By submitting digital images to this website for identification, the inquirer permits the use of the images for research or educational purposes by HCIF/HCIEF. The images may be included in our annual publication, but will not be used for commercial purposes.